St Andrew’s Church, Willesden Green, London was built in 1885, having been designed by celebrated Victorian architect James Brooks. The Grade II* Listed church is built of red brick with stone dressings, steep sloped slated roofs and with a central fleche spirelet. Due to it’s age, the building suffers badly from movement and cracking, and areas of brickwork and stone, and guttering are aged and decayed.
Arcus were appointed as Quinquennial Inspector and have since initiated and overseen the initial phase of works, which have been funded by an emergency grant from Historic England. Works aim to restore and put in good order the West front, including repairs to the stonework, cleaning and repairs to the brickwork and pointing, and timber repairs to the main doors.