This Grade II* Listed manor house was the former home of Robert Horne-Payne, who paid for its construction in 1912 and was a co-founder of The British Columbia Electric Railway in Canada. Now owned by Brentwood Council, it is used as offices, an events venue, and tea-room.
Arcus were commissioned to devise a complete conservation and refurbishment package of works including repairs, re-pointing and cleaning of the fragile red brickwork, repair and redecoration of all windows and rainwater goods, and all timberwork. The badly damaged decorative papered walls to the principal ground floor rooms also required delicate repairs.
All works were carried out sensitively in order to restore the buildings original features to the highest possible quality.