Opened in 1906, Hutton Poplars Hall was a Residential Home for destitute children from the district of Poplar in the east end of London. The less elaborate parts of the site were demolished decades ago leaving just the hall standing. It is a beautiful Grade II Listed building, but was in need of brick and stone repairs, and specialist repairs to the stained-glass windows.
The external decorations to the windows were renewed and the cast iron rainwater goods, which were cracked and broken, were repaired and redecorated. All works were carefully completed in accordance with conservation best practice, such as DOFF steam cleaning was carried out to stained areas of the brickwork. The fine rubbed red brickwork detailing was repaired and the oak flooring to the main hall was also overhauled, restoring the building to it’s previous glory.