Health & Safety Statement
Arcus intend to comply with all legal duties as defined under The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment, to ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, and to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Our Safety Goals and Objectives are:
- We shall as far as reasonably practicable, have zero reportable injuries, dangerous occurrences or diseases that are notifiable to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) as required under RIDDOR. (The Reporting of Injuries Diseases and Dangerous Occurrence Regulations 2013.)
- Zero enforcement notices, improvements or prohibitions served by any enforcing authority due to a failure to comply with any statutory requirement.
- Zero situations or conditions resulting in a breach of any statutory requirement so far as is reasonably practicable.
A full copy of our Health & Safety Manual is available upon request.