We’re looking for a Building Surveyor who has recently qualified, or is nearing qualification, to join the team in our Newcastle Office.
The successful candidate will be delivering Building Surveying services across the throughout the North and immediate surrounding areas, managing or taking a leading role in projects from the earliest planning stages through to completion. A rewarding career awaits a loyal, hard-working and trustworthy individual.
Role: Building Surveyor
- Effectively interfacing with clients and building business relationships to provide commercial advantage.
- Liaising with fellow professionals and other members of the project team.
- Maintaining safety awareness on sites and keeping abreast of building regulations and design standards.
- Advising clients on schemes and projects, determining requirements including health and safety and the Equality Act.
- Demonstrating first class organisational abilities when prioritising workloads.
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programme for completion and specification of works.
- Preparation of documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement.
- Carrying out feasibility studies.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant RICS accredited degree qualification
- Working towards RICS APC pertaining to the Building Surveying Pathway
- Good working knowledge of Construction Management/CA Role, Building Surveys, Building Pathology, Specification Writing, Tender/Contract Documentation Preparation, Measured Surveys and AutoCAD to produce existing and proposed drawings.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in person and in all communications.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work within project time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with staff, the client team, contractors etc.
- A good eye for both overall concepts and for detail.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Seeks and uses feedback to improve both your own and the practice’s performance.
- Excellent IT skills are required, including Excel, Word and CAD.