We’re looking for an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to join the team in our Wakefield office.
The successful candidate will be providing a high quality service to our clients throughout the North West and immediate surrounding areas, managing and taking a leading role in projects from the earliest planning stages through to completion. A rewarding career awaits a loyal, hard-working and trustworthy individual. If you match the specification below we’d love to hear from you.
Role: Chartered Building Surveyor
- Effectively interfacing with clients and building business relationships to provide commercial advantage.
- Day to day responsibility within the team for making your own informed decisions.
- Undertaking measured surveys and production of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Preparing and submitting applications for consent to Local Authority planning and building control departments, fire officers, licensing justices, freeholders etc as applicable
- Monitoring the market place in respect of information technology / systems / software, which may be of benefit to the practice, and to advise accordingly.
- Advising clients on schemes and projects, determining requirements including health and safety and the Equality Act.
- Demonstrating first class organisational abilities when prioritising workloads.
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programme for completion and specification of works.
- Preparation of documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement.
- Carrying out: measured surveys, condition surveys, cost estimates, building surveys, contract administration, project management / co-ordination.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification and MRICS qualified essential
- At least 2 years experience the role involving building surveying / design/ contract procedures
- Party Wall Award experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in the Housing, Public, Health and Education sectors
- Experience of CDM
Skills and Knowledge:
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in person and in all communications.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work within project time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with staff, the client team, contractors etc.
- Good understanding of Construction Contracts; JCT, NEC, PPC
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.