We’re looking for a Building Surveyor who has 4 to 5 years experience post degree, to join the team in our London office.
The successful candidate will be delivering Building Surveying services across London, managing or taking a leading role in projects from the earliest planning stages through to completion. A rewarding career awaits a loyal, hard-working and trustworthy individual.
Role: Building Surveyor
Office: London – Kings Cross / Euston offices
- Effectively interfacing with clients and building business relationships to provide commercial advantage.
- Liaising with fellow professionals and other members of the project team.
- Maintaining safety awareness on sites and keeping abreast of building regulations and design standards.
- Advising clients on schemes and projects, determining requirements including health and safety and the Equality Act.
- Demonstrating first class organisational abilities when prioritising workloads.
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programme for completion and specification of works.
- Preparation of documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement.
- Carrying out feasibility studies.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant RICS accredited degree qualification
- Close to taking the RICS APC pertaining to the Building Surveying Pathway
- Desirable but not essential the candidate will come from a consultancy background and have CA experience.
- Good working knowledge of Construction Management/CA Role, Building Surveys, Building Pathology, Specification Writing, Tender/Contract Documentation Preparation, Measured Surveys and AutoCAD to produce existing and proposed drawings.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in person and in all communications.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work within project time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with staff, the client team, contractors etc.
- A good eye for both overall concepts and for detail.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Seeks and uses feedback to improve both your own and the practice’s performance.
- Excellent IT skills are required, including Excel, Word and CAD.