We’re looking for an Architectural Technologist / Technician to join the team in our Newcastle office.
The successful candidate will be involved in a mixture of projects from new builds to refurbishments, on a variety of building types including retrofit and zero carbon builds. Key responsibilities include working closely with the design team, supporting the technical team with drawings and detailing, as well as assisting in the preparation of tender documents and building regulations applications. This is an excellent opportunity for an Architectural Technician / Technologist to build and develop their skills as part of a busy and experienced team. If you match the specification below we’d love to hear from you.
Role: Architectural Technician / Technologist
Experience and Qualifications:
- A degree in Architectural Technology.
- At least 5 years experience in practice.
- ACIAT/MCIAT qualification or equivalent UK experience within an Architectural Practice.
- Residential sector experience including low and medium-rise projects both new-build and refurbishment through RIBA work-stages 3 to 7.
- Revit experience desirable.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit essential.
- Strong technical design and detailing skills.
- A thorough knowledge of UK Building Regulations and construction methods.
- Familiarity with the regulatory design standards commonly used in the residential sector.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships.
- Good intellect and logical thought processes with good judgement.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to meet project deadlines, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work.
- Good problem solver, proactive and with the ability to use initiative.