We’re looking for an Architect to join the team in our Newcastle office.
The successful candidate will be involved in a mixture of projects from new builds to refurbishments, on a variety of building types including retrofit and zero carbon builds. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate with excellent design, communication and project delivery skills. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Architect to build and develop their skills as part of a busy and experienced team. If you match the specification below we’d love to hear from you.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant degree qualification and MRIBA qualified essential
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in person and in all communications
- Good understanding of Construction Contracts; JCT, NEC, PPC
- Experience of working in both the Private and Public Sectors
- Previous experience of managing teams
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to manage a team through all stages of a project in order to meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with staff, the client team, contractors
- Knowledge of retrofit and zero/low carbon design
- Strong technical design and detailing skills.
- A thorough knowledge of UK Building Regulations and construction methods.
- Familiarity with the regulatory design standards
- Good attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work.
- Good problem solver, proactive and with the ability to use initiative.